Saturday, January 25, 2014

Product Review: Larabar

The kind people at Larabar sent me a few samples to test and review…so let's get to it!



First off, I adore this product.  Larabar is all about pure, simple, and delicious bars that are made of unsweetened fruits, nuts, and spices.  In my opinion, they provide a healthy balance of fats, carbs, and protein for just about any time of day.  They sent me THE most amazing flavors as well.

As any coffee junkie would do, I tried the Cappuccino bar the morning after I received these samples.  I had a short run followed by an hour indoor bike ride, and needed something small and quick to have in between the two.  Keep in mind that I was up around 5am that morning, so the extra jolt of caffeine was a big bonus to keep my energy up.  The bar was SO good and had a really nice coffee flavor to it.  This will definitely become a staple in my early morning training sessions.

Moving on to the next flavor, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough…this is hands down my FAVORITE of the 4 flavors I tried.  I had this bar right after an Indoor Cycling Time Trial along with a protein shake for recovery.  This bar literally tastes like a chocolate chip cookie…stupid good.  There are a ton of chocolate chips in it and it's made with cashews!  I have a gluten allergy, so this is a major treat.  I love this bar so much that I have since bought boxes (I'm not kidding).  They make for real good desserts ;)

The next afternoon I found myself STARVING at work and I had a 90 minute masters swim before I was going to be home for dinner.  Time to eat me some Coconut Cream Pie.  I'm obsessed with coconut, you really can't go wrong with it in my opinion.  They definitely didn't go anything wrong when creating this bar.  It has the yummy texture of unsweetened coconut flakes AND is contains extra virgin coconut oil.  No doubt one of the healthiest oils around, can't say I've found another bar that has this ingredient.

Last but not least…Cashew Cookie.  Honestly, who doesn't love cashews?  I could eat jars of them, but they are even better mixed with dates.  That's it, 2 ingredients…bomb.  This was another mid afternoon snack for me.  Kept me full until dinner (this doesn't happen often). #ieatlikeaboy

Overall, I LOVE these bars.  They give me really good and consistent energy, sit well when I eat them before and during training sessions, and they taste SO good.  Larabars will continue to be a "go to" for me whenever I need something quick, nutritious, and really yummy.

One last thing…there are seasonal flavors!  Snickerdoodle and Pumpkin Pie.  Do yourself a favor and try them.

Why are you just sitting there??  Go out and buy some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment