Sunday, January 19, 2014

A New Year

I'm not into New Year's Resolutions, I think they are great for some people, just not for me.  If I decide I want to do something I just do it, doesn't matter what day it is or time of the year.  To be real honest about it...once I make my mind up about something it's more of a get out of my way because it's happening.  This girl don't have time to wait until Monday morning to start something ;)

What I actually like to do at the beginning of a year is set an intention.  This isn't "I want to lose 5 pounds" or "go to the gym more", this is a frame of mind.  How do I want to feel?  What do I need/want to do to feel that way?  What is holding me back?  You get the point, it's bigger picture stuff and takes a lot more work.  #itsworthit

For me, 2014 is all about challenging myself, getting out of my comfort zone, my own way, and working towards my goals and dreams no matter how scary or big they may be (because they are).  I know what I want out of life and I'm not settling.  Don't get me wrong, my life is pretty great.  I wake up everyday knowing how lucky I am to have everything that have, but I know there are a few missing pieces.  This means some things in my life will have to change, something that's always been hard for me.  I'm finally learning how to embrace everything that life is giving me.

To be honest, the end of last year and beginning of this year has already had some big ups and downs.  From a training standpoint, I've had some incredible opportunities in the triathlon and fitness community that I'm beyond excited about, more on this below.  On a personal level, I've had a few important relationships in my life shift in ways I had never planned.  No matter how hard this has been, I know I'm moving forward and in the right direction.

On to the exciting stuff…I was picked to be a member of Team Zoot Great Lakes for 2014!  SO excited for this opportunity!  On top of that, GU Energy and Therawheel have sponsored me for 2014 as well.  I still have to pinch myself to make sure this isn't all a dream.

And somehow I wound up in the Fitness Formula Clubs marketing campaign for 2014, so I am now in newspaper ads, a TV and radio commercial, and a 30ft billboard in Chicago…


No clue how this happened.

I have also finally decided on my race calendar for the year.  My "A" races are Duathlon Worlds in Spain, IM 70.3 Syracuse, and IM 70.3 Muncie.  I'm motivated and training hard now, hopefully they will pay off the way hope come race day.

Looking forward to a big, exciting, and life changing 2014 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment